Sunday, January 8, 2012

2nd Trimester!!!

I am so excited to be out of the first trimester! We are almost 15 weeks now, so it's been a few weeks. I think my favorite part of pregnancy is leaving the first trimester! It's amazing how much better I feel and how much more I am able to accomplish now. I'm sure Eric is enjoying having real meals at dinner!

It is so much nicer being pregnant and not working full time! Yes, I have a toddler to take care of and a house to keep in order and meals to prepare, but I am able to take a nap or not do much of anything at all if I'm not feeling up to it. With Brooklynn I was exhausted all the time. I was going to bed like at 8:00-8:30 because I was so tired from working. Then because I was going to bed so early I was waking up at like 4:00-4:30 every morning. Waking up so early made me super tired at work, with no chance whatsoever of taking a nap. It was a vicious cycle. With this baby I am still tired throughout the day and I am usually ready to head to bed earlier than normal, but I have a few nights a week where I stay up to my normal 10:00 or so.

I remember being in the hospital with Brooklynn and when the contractions started to get uncomfortable the nurse suggested I get in the whirlpool tub. Being in that hot water just made me sick, weird right? I don't think I lasted even 10 minutes in that tub. I haven't taken any baths, but during the first trimester my shower would make me sick if it was too hot. I had quite a few showers that ended with a visit to the porcelain bowl. Not fun. I am so glad that I have not experienced that in the last few weeks!

So far I don't really have any cravings, and I don't really remember having cravings with Brooklynn, and not too much makes me sick. I have a hard time cooking with garlic (which happened which happened with Brooklynn too) because I just can't handle the smell. I love having fresh garlic in my food so I still use it, I just try to get incorporated into the food as quickly as possible!
Probably one of the strangest, and most tragic, aversions I have is to my chapstick. I have used Natural Ice for years and I absolutely love it. Eric says that I am addicted. But when I put it on it makes me sick! I think it's the mentholatum. So I have converted back to the traditional Perkins Chapstick Brand. Seriously, if you don't have at least 3 tubes of Chapstick open at one time (in various places of convenience) then you are not a Perkins! Hopefully I can return to my Natural Ice once this baby makes it's arrival.

We are so excited to find out what this baby is next month!! 4 weeks can just not go fast enough!

sorry, no baby bump pics yet b/c I just look fat and not so much pregnant, and I am just not ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment