Friday, January 6, 2012

Hello 2012!!

It's hard to believe that another year has gone by! They just seem to go faster and faster the older I get. Does anybody else feel that way?

We have had a great year here in Compton Land. We didn't really do anything extraordinary, but we delighted in the ordinary. We enjoyed all the time that we were able to spend with family for birthdays, vacations, stay-cations and holidays. It has been absolutely amazing watching Brooklynn grow and develop into the happy, confident spit-fire she is today. She definitely kept us on our toes this past year from the very beginning, I still can't believe that she started walking last January! We had tons of fun trying to keep up with her, something that I am sure will not be changing in the near future.

In keeping with our pace for 2011 we didn't do anything extraordinary for New Year's Eve. We stayed home, ordered a pizza, drank Cherry Dr. Pepper, gave Brooklynn a bath and watched Inception (which we had never seen before, but apparently bought on Black Friday). I didn't see the ball drop, but I did manage to stay up later than I thought I would (I think it was 11:00).

We are definitely looking forward to 2012 and all the changes and exciting times that it will bring. We are excited to finish up the purchase of our first home and finally have our own space. We will even get to attend and celebrate a sealing this Spring (Congrats Nicole and Sean!). But I think that we are most excited to welcome our second child this summer and even out the parent-child ratio. And of course we look forward to all the things that will just naturally come about as we progress through the year. Hopefully we can find a way to throw in a few family trips as well!

I definitely have some personal goals for 2012:
1. Healthy pregnancy
2. Keep pregnancy weight gain under control
3. Lose baby weight and get into shape, hopefully to my goal weight by the end of the year
3. Be better with my personal prayers
4. Read my scriptures daily
5. Have family home evening
6. Be better about keeping the house organized and clean
7. Play more with Brooklynn
Hopefully I can work hard to accomplish all of these goals and improve myself spiritually and as a wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment