Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bring on 2011

Holy Cow 2010 flew by, but it definitely brought some amazing things with it! Namely: Brooklynn!! We spent the first half of the year anticipating her arrival and the second half of the year enjoying our precious little girl and being amazed by her! She was WELL worth the anticipation as we fell in love with her instantly. It's so funny that after just 6 short months (well, less actually) it's hard to imagine our life without her!

We had a pretty simple goodbye to 2010. We started the day of with going out to breakfast with my parents and "shopping" at Pacific Place downtown.
And we finished out the day with pizza, Dr. Pepper, and Netflix streaming. Pretty exciting! Well, as exciting as you can be when you have a 6 month old that needs to be in bed! It was perfect for us. We welcomed in 2011 with the 4th Annual Perkins Root Beer Tasting. My Dad loves root beer and he has translated that love into his yearly rootbeer tasting contest.
We do a blind test of 5 root beers, rate them and pick a winner. It's actually a lot of fun and we look forward to it every year.
The contestants in winning order. (The last one was pretty gross!!)
I am so excited for the changes and new things that will come our way in 2011. Brooklynn is just moments away from walking and that will definitely be the first and biggest change for us this year! We look forward to her accomplishing that amazing feat and all the other milestones she will make this year.
 I have quite a few changes I would like to make in my life, mostly so that I can be a better wife, mother, and person in general. My goals for 2011:

*Read my scriptures every day
*Be more organized at home, which in turn will help me keep the house clean
*Lose my "baby" weight (ideally by Brooklynn's birthday...still not sure of the reality of that goal!)
*Spend less time watching TV
 
Just some small little goals that should be easy to follow through with, right? Some are easier than others, and it probably wont be easy, but I hope that I can make these changes in my life this year!

Notice the squash in her hair!
Love this face! Silly girl!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Brooklynn! She is getting so big. I wish I would have known you did a root beer tasting contest. We have the best down here. Has your dad ever tried Abita Root beer?? It's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally make all of those goals, I know it! :) And if it makes you feel better, I think that sounds like a LOVELY new years eve!!!

    ReplyDelete