Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Happy Valentine's Day!


So this was our first Valentine's Day together. I told Eric that he was in charge of Valentine's Day and it was pretty much unspoken that it was going to be a surprise. He had fun laughing at me during the weeks leading up to Valentine's as I would ask him what he was planning and what we were going to be doing. And on a number of occasions he would actually say, "Nothing!" A few days before I was again asking him what we were going to do and he of course would tell me nothing at all. I told him that I didn't like surprises and he said, "Yes you do, you just don't like waiting for them!" Which is completely true, and probably the reason why I snoop into Christmas presents (even if they aren't mine)!!

Anyways, I still wanted to plan something for Eric for Valentine's day so I decided that I would do it for breakfast. I always make breakfast on Saturdays so I had to come up with something that was a little more special. We have this awesome cookie cutter set that has the entire alphabet so I decided I would make pancakes and leave him a message with a stack of heart pancakes. So this was his Valentine's breakfast...

After breakfast I made some sugar cookies and we had tons of fun decorating them...


Eric planned a wonderful afternoon for us!! I love painting pottery, so he took me to a place in Federal Way. I have been many times to paint pottery, but it was time to do this with Eric, and I especially love that he chose to do it because he knew it is something that I would enjoy. After we got done painting pottery we went to a small little Italian place and enjoyed some pasta and dessert. I love Eric so much and I am so happy that he made our first Valentine's Day special and memorable! I look forward to many more!



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for the two of you. It sounds like you had such a great time with your sweety. Great job on breakfast. That picture looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Eric's take on you and suprises is spot on. Good job Eric!!

    ReplyDelete