Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yumminess!!

When I was on my mission my companion and I wanted to make some banana bread with our old bananas but I kept forgetting to ask my mom for a recipe. We used to go visit an older couple on Saturdays and so we asked her how to make banana bread. Boy am I glad that we did! She gave us the best recipe ever!! From that transfer on I think I made banana bread at least 2x each transfer!! I made some a few weeks ago and Eric loved it.

Eric, the lucky man that he is, got some fresh banana bread for breakfast this morning. The batch turned out kind of funny, I'm not sure what went wrong. But it still tastes yummy!

This past weekend he told me that I needed to put the recipe on our blog. So here it is.....

3/4 c. Crisco
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas (about 3 large)
1/2 c. brown sugar
6 Tbl. buttermilk
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. nuts (optional)

Cream together the first 6 ingredients then add the dry ingredients. Pour into greased bread pans and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Muffins bake for 20-30 minutes.


I like to sprinkle sugar in the bread pan before I pour in the batter and then sprinkle some on top as well. It makes a nice sweet crispy crust!

Yum!! Don't worry, it's husband approved!! Hope you Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm...I will go home and make some tonight. I love banana bread and it is so much easier to make then I thought it was. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric asked you to put it on the blog because I was asking him to have you do it! I can't wait to try it also.

    ReplyDelete