Monday, February 9, 2009

A new calling....

So, I got a call from one of the counselors in our Bishopric on Saturday night, and of course he wanted to speak with me the next morning. I knew that he was the counselor over the youth program so I kind of thought I would be in Young Women's. So, drum roll please........I am the new Laurel Advisor (so I will be teaching the 16-17 year old girls). I am pretty excited for this new calling. It's kind of weird though, because even though I am almost 10 year older than them I don't feel old enough to be their teacher! There are 3 girls who actively come to church each week. I was actually asked to come and speak as part of their lesson yesterday before I even had my call so I got to sit in with them. They are all pretty cute and I can't wait to get to know them better.

2 comments:

  1. Cousin, can we be blog friends? How come you have been ignoring me? I'm so offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that is so exciting. I loved working with the young women. It took a little while for us all to warm up to each other, but I still email with them now and I left over a year ago. You will have to let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete